Jumat, 23 November 2012

Reflection on Progress

What I've learned after recording all those songs is that I need to be careful when playing the guitar, I need to use good equipment, and understand how to use them as well.

What I meant when I said being careful playing the guitar is not to pick the strings too hard, or not picking the guitar steadily like playing too hard and then playing too soft. When I picked too hard, the wave in audacity when recording will go out of range and create an unpleasant buzzing sound. That made me recording songs over and over until I get the good one without much buzzes.

When I said using good equipment, I meant that I must find good cables and the jack converter. I bought the bad jack converter, it creates buzzing sounds when recording. The microphones must also be the good ones which doesn't record too much background noises, which I had some at home. I must also understand how to connect the cables from the microphone receiver to my laptop, or using the receiver in order to record. Luckily using them are easy.

This is the timeline of this month and what to do for the next month:


So far, from this month, I have worked according to the timeline I made. I have now finished recording and since early of this month I have finished composing my songs. Now I still need to compile the evidence videos and edit them on this last week of the month as written in my timeline.

During recording, I noticed that if I used different guitar playing techniques for recording the relaxing songs, the songs wouldn't be always relaxing. Because of that, I decided to not follow the design specification of using different techniques, so that the songs would be flowing well, not too complicated, and always maintain the slow and soft guitar sound.

What should I do next is to start editing the evidence videos and then burn the songs into an audio CD so they would be ready to be tested as a final product. I already bought a CD so what I should prepare next is knowing how to edit the videos by using the fast-forward effect, which I stil didn't understand how.

1 komentar: