Kamis, 09 Agustus 2012

Appendix 10. Additional Criterion D. Apply Information


Criterion D.  Application of Information
Students should transfer and apply information to make decisions, create solutions and develop understandings in connection with the project’s goal.
(Note: Please include reference/in-text citation)


Inquiry Question 1:
What kind of skills do I need to compose the music that I want?

How is this information useful throughout the project to achieve the goal for :
1.       Specifications of the product/outcomes:
-          I must be able to show my skill in the music that I will compose
-          The main instrument for composing the music will be my electric guitar
-          When recording, the music will be played  by myself

2.       The techniques chosen in different stages: 
     Design: The music will have different techniques that I have learned that shows my guitar playing abilities.

     Plan: I must practice my skills to make sure I can play without making much mistakes, and also making sure that my skills are good enough so that I could compose good music.

     Create: I will compose the relaxing instrumental music, and when I’m composing those songs I must play some guitar playing techniques that I’m able to play to show my guitar playing skills.

     Evaluate/Testing Method: I can practice and learn my guitar skills with my Guitar Teacher first to improve the skills that I need like different techniques, and I will also show him what I can do to find out whether my skills needs any improvements.



Inquiry Question 2:
How to compose the instrumental music?

How is this information useful throughout the project to achieve the goal for :
3.       Specifications of the product/outcomes:
-          The music will be recorded by recording equipment that I will try to get
-          The music will be written by myself

4.       The techniques chosen in different stages: 
     Design: The music that I will write, record, and play will be using the equipment that I will get. I will write the songs first and then testing the songs by listening to it whether it’s good enough or not good enough before I will record the songs.

     Plan: I will try to get all the equipment that I will need first, and then I will try to write the songs by deciding what keys, chords, melodies, or rhythms that I will use when playing the songs. I can decide those things while also playing a guitar so I can listen to the result whether those things are matched perfectly

     Create: I will be using the equipment that I can find/get, and I will be using those things to play the songs and also to record the songs. I must also use my guitar playing experience and knowledge to use the equipment and to write the songs.

     Evaluate/Testing Method: After I got the needed equipment that I can find, I will test which recording methods will be the best by recording some songs for testing, and then listen to the result whether it’s good enough or not. I will also ask my Guitar Teacher whether my music is good enough, and whether the sound quality good enough or not.            


Inquiry Question 3:
Why are slow and instrumental music relaxing?

How is this information useful throughout the project to achieve the goal for :
5.       Specifications of the product/outcomes:
-          The songs must be instrumental
-          The songs must have slow tempos
-          The songs must be able to make people feel relaxed

6.       The techniques chosen in different stages: 
     Design: The music will have those things that could make a good slow instrumental music that is relaxing

     Plan: I will find out what are needed in a good instrumental, slow, and relaxing music, try to listen to some examples, and then after I know what I should make I will start to write the songs and then record the songs.

     Create: I will make the songs that have the things that are needed for a good relaxing music such as not loud sounds produced by the instrument, and slow tempos.

     Evaluate/Testing Method: After I record the songs, I will try to listen to those songs to find out whether it’s relaxing or not, and I will also let other people listen to my songs including doctors or other experts that could decide whether it could help people relax or not.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar